- Try a new workout- like Zumba with Strong Nation or Sarah Beth Yoga (both on YouTube)
2. Have a poker/board game night at home- with prizes or punishments between family members like choosing the next takeaway or doing the dishes
3. Write an isolated member in our community a handwritten letter and post it. Handwriting was shown in an Indiana University study to increase creativity through neural activity not expressed in any other way.
4. Channel your inner Monet with those watercolour paints in the cupboard!
5. Make bath bombs from scratch and enjoy a luxuriating bath even more knowing that you helped make it with this recipe from https://inspiredbycharm.com/diy-bath-bombs/
6. Edible face masks- yes, it’s now a thing and we love the chocolate face mask from http://www.thebeautynerd.com/diy-chocolate-yogurt-face-mask/ – delicious and rehydrating!
7. R-E-A-D- yep, we know you’ve heard this one before, but there’s a reason for it… A recent study by the University of Sussex found that the subject’s stress was reduced by up to 68% in just 6 minutes of reading a book.
8. Take a DNA ancestry test or learn about your heritage by calling up the gramps- never a better time to find out where you come from!
9. Learn a language on Duolingo and expand your employability and smarts
10. Take a virtual tour overseas in Florence’s Uffizi gallery, on a yacht in the Mediterranean or at New York’s MOMA gallery online and explore our world from the comfort of your bed.
11. Host a niche PowerPoint night with your friends over video chat- most amusing topic wins… One example may be allocating people their spirit TV character based of their chakras!
12. Run a karaoke night with the squad- consider using the AirConsole app.
13. Visit a haunted house virtually like the Winchester Mystery House and be completely spoooookeddddd…
14. Up that meditation streak with the Headspace 10 day meditation for beginners program- the man’s voice is very soothing and at only 5 minutes a day, it is totally doable- and did we mention it’s completely free.
15. Run to a new goal and get sweaty.
16. Knit a square for the Knit-a-Square program to provide blankets for children in poverty residing in South Africa while watching some Netflix- saving the world whilst watching Suits- we think yes!
17. Upcycle some clothing items (yes, make that old tee a crop-top) and be a #sustainablesister.
18. Declutter those drawers or wardrobe and channel your inner Marie Kondo.
19. Bake some scones and have some high tea on your balcony or in your garden.
20. Write an article/submit advice/make a contribution to The Exchange– we welcome all contributions and would love to hear from you!!!
Stay safe everyone and enjoy your well-deserved break 😊